May 4th Teton Dirt Report
May 4, 2020 Trail UPDATE
It’s May and the sun is shining. We’ve got a few dry trails and the beginning of the 2020 Trail Crew Season!
Good news Teton Valley, the riding season is upon us! More singletrack is opening with each day of sunshine. The riding may be minimal but provides an opportunity to dial in our bikes and bods for another season of adventure.
Trail work is set to begin this week and we would like to encourage and remind YOU to reach out and let us know of any pressing trail needs as the snow melts out. It’s easy!
Click HERE to report Trail Conditions.
Click HERE to report a Trail Maintenance Request.
Please be patient and consider the potential consequences of riding around or through muddy or wet areas. Refer to the blue posted signs as each trailhead for Guidelines for early season trail use and COVID-19 etiquette.
Through the month of April Trails Coordinator Chris Brule has been:
- Developing and planning our 2020 season trails schedule. We’re expecting a very productive season with lots to look forward to in 2020. Keep an eye out for updated information on volunteer opportunities!
- Coordinating with Friends of Pathways and designing bike park plans for Jackson Hole. The Trail crew will be spending a couple of weeks in JH building a children’s pump track and small-medium pump and jump park, while keeping up on maintenance in Teton Valley.
- Working with Executive Director, Tony Ferlisi on hiring two additional crew members for the season.
- Postholing with Tony through the snow to scout trails.
- Nate Carey and a group of socially-distanced kids tuned in the Victor Bike Park (THANKS EVERYONE!)
- Cy Whitling and friends have been manicuring, tuning and building at 5th St. Park in Driggs.
We will continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks HERE.
Thanks and we’ll see you out there!
As of Monday, May 5th, 2020 OPEN Teton Area trails include:
- Channel Lock
- Upper Southbound
- 7N Ranch
- South Bench Trail
- Lower Palisades Creek to Chicken Springs Jct.
- 5th Street Bike Park
- Victor Bike Park
Visit the Jackson Hole Friends of Pathways Trail Update Page HERE for Jackson local updates.
MBT COVID-19 Guidelines
Victor Bike Park
Show your trails some love today and they’ll give right back!
Donate toward our efforts on your trails today and be entered to win awesome prizes from our partners including:
With every $10 donation, you’ll receive one entry into this amazing giveaway. Donate $20, get two entries. You get the idea…
Plus, every donation of $30 or more will receive a newly designed MBT shirt or an MBT trucker cap and EVERY donor will receive a 2020 MBT sticker.