May 11th Teton Dirt Report
May 11, 2020 Trail UPDATE
Week # 2 of the MBT Trail Crew Season. A few updates and more dry trails.
We hope you’ve had a chance to get out and ride! Although our singletrack has been slightly crowded with anxious riders out and about, the dirt is holding stout. If you haven’t ridden yet, don’t worry, there is more on the way. Don’t forget to reach out with any trail updates and work reports of your own so we can pass along the word. Be mindful of the mud and your fellow trail users.
Trail began last week and we would like to encourage and remind YOU to reach out and let us know of any pressing trail needs as the snow melts out. It’s easy and we’ve already received a few!
Click HERE to report Trail Conditions.
Click HERE to report a Trail Maintenance Request.
Please be patient and consider the potential consequences of riding around or through muddy or wet areas. Refer to the blue posted signs as each trailhead for Guidelines for early season trail use and COVID-19 etiquette.
With windy but clear weather, the crew started out their first week with some Jackson Hole Bike Park planning and maintenance on Horseshoe trails.
- On Monday, Chris met with Brian Shilling with the Town of Jackson and Chris Owen of Friends of Pathways to discuss pump track and bike park logistics in Jackson Hole.
- Tuesday, the trail crew met with Chris Owen again to begin layout and flagging for the kids pump track, the larger pump track and bike park to be built in the following weeks in JH.
- Wednesday, although not quite ready to ride, Chris posted Guidelines for early season trail use and Covid-19 etiquette signage at each trailhead within the Southern Valley Trails. Trailforks conditions updates, construction plan and bike park design work fulfilled the afternoon.
- Thursday, the crew made their way up Bovine clearing and tuning up drainage with further trail improvements along the way. In preparation for Southern Valley trails, the crew also re-installed the Dero Bike Repair station donated last season at Mike Harris Trailhead.
- Big thanks to the local Forest Service Trails and Fire crews (and Mike Merigliano) for clearing downfall on Aspen Tr. and cleaning drains. Aspen is ready to ride!
Tune into @mtbthetetons on Instagram for more timely updates and work reports. We will also continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on https://www.trailforks.com/region/teton-valley-22772/.
We will continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks HERE.
Thanks and we’ll see you out there!
As of Monday, May 11th, 2020 OPEN Teton Area trails include:
- Channel Lock
- Aspen Trail
- Stinking Springs
- Lower elevation Caribou Range Trails
- 7N Ranch
- South Bench Trail
- Lower Palisades Creek to Chicken Springs Jct.
- 5th Street Bike Park
- Victor Bike Park
Visit the Jackson Hole Friends of Pathways Trail Update Page HERE for Jackson local updates.
Show your trails some love today and they’ll give right back!
Donate toward our efforts on your trails today and be entered to win awesome prizes from our partners including:
With every $10 donation, you’ll receive one entry into this amazing giveaway. Donate $20, get two entries. You get the idea…
Plus, every donation of $30 or more will receive a newly designed MBT shirt or an MBT trucker cap and EVERY donor will receive a 2020 MBT sticker.