May 26th Teton Dirt Report
May 26, 2020 Trail UPDATE
Week # 4 of the MBT Trail Crew Season. Weather, more clearing and breaking ground on new trail!
That classic Teton Valley weather never ceases to, well, cease. With a solid mixture of rain and snow the majority of the week, the trails remained slightly saturated, as did the Trail Crew. Some folks may have been taking advantage of the high alpine freshies while the crew was prepping for some freshies of the brown variety.
We want to thank everyone for their continued responsible trail use and those who are helping with early-season maintenance. Please remember to share trail reports or work of your own so that we can relay to the people!
Click HERE to report Trail Conditions.
Click HERE to report a Trail Maintenance Request.
OPEN DRY TRAILS AS OF MAY 26, 2020
- Rush Hour
- Horseshoe Canyon
- Aspen Trail
- Stinking Springs
- Lower elevation Caribou Range Trails
- 7N Ranch
- South Bench Trail
- Lower Palisades Creek
- 5th Street Bike Park
- Victor Bike Park
- Parallel Trail
For more Jackson Hole dry trails, check out our partners’ (Friends of Pathways) Trail Report HERE.
Please be patient and consider the potential consequences of riding around or through muddy or wet areas. Refer to the blue posted signs as each trailhead for Guidelines for early season trail use and COVID-19 etiquette.
We will continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks HERE.
Thanks and we’ll see you out there!
New Hillside Trail
Here’s what the crew was up to last week:
- Monday Tony, Chris and Alec met with and oriented the new crew members Eric Falconer and Stacey Judge. Coming on this week! For the afternoon, the crew put the finishing touches on the pump track in Jackson Hole, shaping berms, filling low spots and cleaning up the site.
- Tuesday The crew was able to turn their focus to Teton Valley and begin some trail clearing. Chris and Alec cut out 1 large aspen on Lady Slipper and cleared multiple trees on Probation, Burgh, Bumper’s Cody and Sodbuster in Horseshoe Canyon. Thanks to those (unknown) who cleared the small trees with a hand saw on the loop!
- Wednesday The crew met with Kevin, Scott and Jeremy of the Teton Basin Ranger District to complete trail alignment on the all-new Hillside Trail. Ground was broken and the crews will be focusing on this and the new Happy Hour trail over the next several weeks while also keeping up on maintenance.
- Thursday The crew hiked in with chainsaws and began clearing the trail corridor for Hillside trail and dropping pin flags.
- Friday Another weathery day in the woods clearing Hillside trail corridor. In the afternoon, Chris and Alec hiked up to the overlook on Millcreek to scout and clear one large tree with the chainsaw.
- Cheers to Tyler Nelson for clearing some snow and downfall on Drake about half way up and Cy Whitling for some Millcreek snow removal!
Tune into @mtbthetetons on Instagram for more timely updates and work reports. We will also continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on
Show your trails some love today and they’ll give right back!
Donate toward our efforts on your trails today and be entered to win awesome prizes from our partners including:
With every $10 donation, you’ll receive one entry into this amazing giveaway. Donate $20, get two entries. You get the idea…
Plus, every donation of $30 or more will receive a newly designed MBT shirt or an MBT trucker cap and EVERY donor will receive a 2020 MBT sticker.