June 22nd Teton Dirt Report
June 22, 2020 Trail UPDATE
June 19th Trails Update
Week # 8 of the MBT Trail Crew Season!
So close you can almost taste it.
This past week was extremely productive for the crew, despite midweek soggy conditions. We kicked off our first Maintenance Monday of the season with some much needed TLC on North Mahogany Trail. Big thanks to those who came out to help! The first installment of Hillside Trail (more creative name in the works) is set to open later this week with two more miles of singletrack for you riding pleasure. Keep an eye on social media for further updates.
Here’s the breakdown of the crew’s week in the woods:
- Monday Eric and Stacey worked with the Teton Basin Ranger District trails crew on Hillside for the afternoon, while Chris and Alec prepped the work sites for the evening of maintenance on Mahogany. With all the help, we completed a 150ft reroute, significant bridge repair, drainage work and some heavy brushback. Cheers to volunteers!
- Tuesday The whole crew worked through the rain to continue putting finishing touches on the new Hillside trail. This involves fine tread work, pulling stumps and tuning the backslope.
- Wednesday Another soggy day on the Hillside trail. The crew is putting in the work to get this trail riding well as soon as your tires hit the dirt.
- Thursday The crew finished up on Hillside for the week with more fine-tuning on the tread and some berm work on one tricky corner.
- Friday Alec and Chris set out for a saw mission on the upper Pole Canyon Ridge Trail with intentions of riding out Mail Cabin but hit significant snow. They cut and cleared 9 trees, between Pole Canyon and Mikesell. Great ride this time of season! Later that afternoon, the crew along with Executive Director, Tony Ferlisi, set the course for the Big Hole Challenge race, the first stop of the Teton Valley Race Series.
- Saturday MBT Board Member Nate Kirschner and a small crew of volunteers made significant headway on trail re-hab on the Palisades Ranger District.
First Maintenance Monday!
We want to thank everyone for their continued responsible trail use and those who are helping with early-season maintenance. Please remember to share trail reports or work of your own so that we can relay to the people!
Click HERE to report Trail Conditions.
Click HERE to report a Trail Maintenance Request.
OPEN DRY TRAILS AS OF June 15, 2020
- Mill Creek
- Drake Creek
- Grove Creek
- Pole Canyon
- S. Fork Horseshoe
- Rush Hour
- Horseshoe Canyon
- Aspen Trail
- Stinking Springs
- Caribou Range Trails
- 7N Ranch
- South Bench Trail
- Lower Palisades Creek
- 5th Street Bike Park
- Victor Bike Park
- Parallel Trail
For more Jackson Hole dry trails, check out our partners’ (Friends of Pathways) Trail Report HERE.
Please be patient and consider the potential consequences of riding around or through muddy or wet areas. Refer to the blue posted signs as each trailhead for Guidelines for early season trail use and COVID-19 etiquette.
We will continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks HERE.
Thanks and we’ll see you out there!
Show your trails some love today and they’ll give right back!
Donate toward our efforts on your trails today and be entered to win awesome prizes from our partners including:
With every $10 donation, you’ll receive one entry into this amazing giveaway. Donate $20, get two entries. You get the idea…
Plus, every donation of $30 or more will receive a newly designed MBT shirt or an MBT trucker cap and EVERY donor will receive a 2020 MBT sticker.