July 13th Teton Dirt Report
July 10th Trail Update
Week # 11 of the MBT Trail Crew Season!
Trails were ‘Hot n’ Ready’ this week. Warm temps, dry dirt and the last few patches of snow melting out in the high alpine made for a great week of riding and some trail crew sweat, seeping into the fresh dirt on Hillbender Loop.
Thanks to the volunteers who came out to help on Monday evening and complying with the local COVID ordinances.
Here’s the breakdown of the crew’s past week in the woods:
- Monday Started the week on Hillbender Loop. After making significant progress, a solid group of volunteers joined the crew on Monday evening for some finish work on Hillbender, Part II. Thanks for coming out!
- Tuesday The crew worked on swamping the Hillbender trail corridor to allow for Scott Bossell and Kevin Frasier with the Teton Basin Ranger District to operate machines. After some clearing, the crew continued finish work behind the machines.
- Wednesday After building the last turn, Chris pushed Tiny Dancer through the last stretch of Hillbender Loop to make the connection with the first installment, while Kevin Frasier operated the Mini excavator behind. Alec, Stacey and Eric continued dialing in the tread, cutbank and fill slope to perfection.
- Thursday The crew finished up on Hillbender loop for the week with more handwork, getting the trail looking prime. With machine work completed, Tiny Dancer and Chewy were walked out and prepped for their next adventure on Happy Hour.
- Friday Alec and Chris set out on a ride up Mail Cabin > Mikesell to evaluate maintenance needs and clear down trees. They also re-benched about 100ft of tread and brushed back a few overgrown areas.
- Saturday The crew helped out with the Wydaho 100 Race put on by Fitzgeralds Bike Shop, manning sign up and aid stations along the route. All proceeds from this event will go directly toward our work to improve the Victor Bike Park!
Follow @mtbthetetons for more current content regarding our work and local trail conditions. We will also continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks
We want to thank everyone for their continued responsible trail use and those who are helping with early-season maintenance. Please remember to share trail reports or work of your own so that we can relay to the people!
Click HERE to report Trail Conditions.
Click HERE to report a Trail Maintenance Request.
OPEN DRY TRAILS AS OF July 13, 2020
- Mill Creek
- Drake Creek
- Grove Creek
- Pole Canyon
- Mail Cabin
- S. Fork Horseshoe
- Rush Hour
- Horseshoe Canyon
- Aspen Trail
- Stinking Springs
- Caribou Range Trails
- 7N Ranch
- South Bench Trail
- Lower Palisades Creek
- 5th Street Bike Park
- Victor Bike Park
- Teton Pass DH Trails
For more Jackson Hole dry trails, check out our partners’ (Friends of Pathways) Trail Report HERE.
Please be patient and consider the potential consequences of riding around or through muddy or wet areas. Refer to the blue posted signs as each trailhead for Guidelines for early season trail use and COVID-19 etiquette.
We will continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks HERE.
Thanks and we’ll see you out there!