August 3rd Teton Dirt Report
August 3rd Trail Update
Week # 14 of the MBT Trail Crew Season!
Did riding the BPA road to Hillbender just grind your gears? Don’t worry, we took care of that. Now start and finish your Mike Harris ride on the beginning of Nemos to access the Hillbender junction!
Regular maintenance may not be as alluring as new trails but is especially crucial. This week there was a bit of both thrown into the mix. These guys and gals enjoy every inch of the trail as much as the next rider and are working hard to keep them tip-top.
Here’s what the crew was up to last week:
- Monday Chris spent the morning catching up on some administration work and making repairs to the MBT Trail Crew truck “Silver.”
- Tuesday The crew split up again this week to accomplish a few different goals. Eric and Stacey began finish work on the short connector trail from Nemo’s > Hillbender. The trail was pushed with Tiny Dancer, by Kevin Frasier with the TBRD to finish out machine work in Southern Valley. Chris and Alec began maintenance work on Drake Cr., cleaning, building and installing drainage and brushing back vegetation.
- Wednesday Eric and Stacey completed handwork on the connector and began light brushback on Nemo’s. Chris and Alec continued heavy maintenance on Drake Cr.
- Thursday Another full day of maintenance. Eric and Stacey cleaned 32 drains up to the overlook on Mill Creek while also clearing sightlines. Chris and Alec completed work on Drake, cleaning, building and installing 52 drains with a few further trail improvements and heavy brushback.
- Friday Alec headed up Mahogany to clean drains on the lower part of the trail as well as move some dirt and improve the turnpikes on upper SF Horseshoe. A big day for Alec. Look out for new 4×4 trail signage in all zones of the Teton Basin Ranger District as well, especially in the Big Holes.
Follow @mtbthetetons for more current content regarding our work and local trail conditions. We will also continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks
We want to thank everyone for their continued responsible trail use and those who are helping with trail maintenance. Please remember to share trail reports or work of your own so that we can relay to the people!
Click HERE to report Trail Conditions.
Click HERE to report a Trail Maintenance Request.
OPEN DRY TRAILS AS OF August 3, 2020
- Mill Creek
- Drake Creek
- Grove Creek
- Pole Canyon
- Mail Cabin
- S. Fork Horseshoe
- Rush Hour
- Horseshoe Canyon
- Aspen Trail
- Stinking Springs
- Caribou Range Trails
- 7N Ranch
- South Bench Trail
- Lower Palisades Creek
- 5th Street Bike Park
- Victor Bike Park
- Teton Pass DH Trails
For more Jackson Hole dry trails, check out our partners’ (Friends of Pathways) Trail Report HERE.
Please be patient and consider the potential consequences of riding around or through muddy or wet areas. Refer to the blue posted signs as each trailhead for Guidelines for early season trail use and COVID-19 etiquette.
We will continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks HERE.
Thanks and we’ll see you out there!