August 24th Teton Dirt Report
Week # 17 of the MBT Trail Crew Season!
The crew’s schedule is looking a bit more scattered this time of the season. With several smaller objectives, the crew may seem to be in two places at once. Wishing we could turn on the water at this point as the trails remain a bit dusty and smokey.
Here’s what the crew was up to last week:
- Monday: The week began back on Corral Creek with the Teton Basin Ranger District, working to complete maintenance with the trail dozer. Both crews worked on drainage and re-benching areas of needed repair. TBRD brought the project to completion on Tuesday. The crew also met with the Palisades Ranger District to collect the tools they had packed in for the Cariboo Jack trail parties. Cheers!
- Tuesday: The crew facilitated an excellent morning of trail work with a group from the local NICA mountain bike team. Thanks to Will Stubblefield and Nate Carey for coordinating. In the afternoon, the crew completed finish work on the new section on Happy Hour, connecting to the campground road.
- Wednesday: In the morning, the crew worked on completing the final connections for the newest Happy Hour section with some help from Tiny Dancer. In the afternoon, the crew installed 3 signposts at the Spooky/ Corral Cr. trail junction.
- Thursday: In the morning, Alec and Eric posted carsonite and trail stickers at the Spooky/Corral Junction. To finish up work out there, they also cleaned up the last few drains on the lower section of the trail. They then headed out to Grumpy’s and Hillbender with the chainsaw to clear a couple of reported trees that had fallen across the trail. After a morning of trail coordination and office work, Chris met the crew out on lower Mikesell to start some drainage work.
- Friday: Chris and Alec installed signage at the Mail Cabin trailhead, then began work on the forgotten and neglected Upper Tie Canyon. Heavy weed whacking, brushback, some treadwork and bike tires will bring this trail back to life. Go check it out!
Follow @mtbthetetons for more current content regarding our work and local trail conditions. We will also continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks
We want to thank everyone for their continued responsible trail use and those who are helping with trail maintenance. Please remember to share trail reports or work of your own so that we can relay to the people!
Click HERE to report Trail Conditions.
Click HERE to report a Trail Maintenance Request.
OPEN DRY TRAILS AS OF August 24, 2020
- Mill Creek
- Drake Creek
- Grove Creek
- Pole Canyon
- Mail Cabin
- S. Fork Horseshoe
- Rush Hour
- Horseshoe Canyon
- Aspen Trail
- Stinking Springs
- Caribou Range Trails
- 7N Ranch
- South Bench Trail
- Lower Palisades Creek
- 5th Street Bike Park
- Victor Bike Park
- Teton Pass DH Trails
For more Jackson Hole dry trails, check out our partners’ (Friends of Pathways) Trail Report HERE.
Please be patient and consider the potential consequences of riding around or through muddy or wet areas. Refer to the blue posted signs as each trailhead for Guidelines for early season trail use and COVID-19 etiquette.
We will continue to provide trail updates as they continue to open, here in the Weekly Trail Crew Reports and on Trailforks HERE.
Thanks and we’ll see you out there!