- This event has passed.
2020 Teton Valley Race Series #3: Grand Targhee/Rick’s Basin
July 22 @ 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Casual week-night racin’ up at Targhee. Andy Williams has put together a great course for us. Hammer a lap or cruise one, either way, we’re excited to hang out on the Trap deck post-race and celebrate a super fun ride. HERE is a link to the course map.
- Start/Finish and Race Check-in are in front of the Trap Bar deck. Please be checked in by 5:45. Race will start promptly at 6:00pm.
- Masks are required while gathering, checking in but not during the race.
- Results will be posted online after the race and prizes distributed accordingly
- There is no relay team component. If you are part of a Dirt Series Team, you will be scored as a team rather than as a solo competitor.
Beginners will race a shorter 6 mile course. All other classes will race a 10 mile course (shown below). Start/Finish/Registration is just in front of the Trap Bar deck.
Points are at stake for you and your team!
Brought to you by:
All plans are subject to change based on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We will be respecting all CDC, National, State, and Local recommendations. Here are the basic facts all of our plans are built around:
Our number one priority will always be the safety of our volunteers and event participants.
All decisions will be made based on that, not what is convenient.
Regardless of current health challenges, our focus is always on the safety of everyone involved in MBT group ride and racing opportunities. Participants will be required to sign a waiver including a clause identifying event contingency plans.
As of June 1, 2020, our Teton Dirt Series races are cleared to resume operations as long as they function under best practices. Below is a breakdown of actions we’ll be making to the races in light of that.
Our Ask of you to Promote Safe and Educated Participation at All MBT Events
Please consult the CDC website “Symptoms of Coronavirus” on the day of your participation. The following link is updated by the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
If you are sick or suspect that you may be ill, PLEASE STAY HOME.
FOR EACH EVENT LISTED BELOW: We will maintain a list of participants in any case that contact tracing be necessary. This list will not be made public but will aid participants should any participant later be diagnosed with COVID-19.
Risk management has always been an essential part of MBT racing opportunities, even when we’re not faced with a global pandemic, the goal has always been to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We will continue to follow whatever social distancing best practices are recommended by Idaho and Wyoming state and local officials. We will work to keep distance whenever possible. Family members or household companions are encouraged to participate and will not be required to keep a physical distance. We recommend participants avoid carpooling when possible. We will be flexible to make additional arrangements for high-risk participants and families. If you are sick or suspect that you may be ill, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- All registration must happen online. Registration will close 3 hours prior to the start of the race.
- Number plates will be assigned at the first race. Color/number will correspond with class and team.
- We will keep races under 50 participants.
- All racers must wear masks up until the start of the race. Refrain from high-fives, etc. Maintain physical distancing.
- Racers will be allowed to gather pre-race according to previously identified grouping descriptions and groups will be kept separate prior to the start of the race.
- Racers must pre-fill all water bottles. No water will be available to refill your bottle. Aid stations will provide water in disposable cups and will be administered by a volunteer wearing gloves/mask. Pre-wrapped bars will be offered but racers should provide their own nutritional products.
- No official post-race festivities will take place. Racers are welcome to gather in the parking lot after the race but physical/social distancing must be taken into account.
- Refunds will be administered if at ANY point, the registrant is not comfortable racing or if local/state/federal orders change.
In the event that we do have an injury that is not threatening to life, limb or a head injury, a medical volunteer will assess the participant while wearing mask, gloves and any necessary additional PPE, determine the treatment necessary to manage the injury and/or manage the injury and enact the support of higher medical care if needed.
In field treatment will follow best practices of BSI (body substance isolation), gloves, mask and eye protection to prevent the contact of body fluids and or aerosolized particles associated with COVID-19.
In order to promote a virus-free environment, each race session will have hand sanitizer available for anyone to use.