1 Day/Week (TBD) for 8 Weeks from 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Teton Valley Sprockids Program:
Tuesday, July 9, 2019 – Location TBD
Tuesday, July 16, 2019 – Location TBD
Tuesday, July 23, 2019 – Location TBD
Tuesday, July 30, 2019 – Location TBD
Tuesday, August 6, 2019 – Location TBD
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 – Location TBD
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 – Location TBD
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 – Grand Targhee Resort
Jackson Hole Sprockids Program:
Who’s it for?
Kids age 6 – 11 (those in search of a really awesome time with other kids and excited to learn some really amazing mountain bike skills!)
$120 program registration fee includes 8 x 1.5 hour, super fun sessions, facilitated by amazing leaders, a fun swag bag, and a 2019 Sprockids t-shirt and other Sprockids gear. Registration opens March 18, 2019.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
- The Sprockids participant must be 6 to 11 years old by July 10, of the current year.
- Must be able to ride a two wheeled pedal bike with 2 hand brakes. NO training wheels, NO coaster brakes. Need a bike? Email us!
- Participants must wear a properly fitted HELMET at all times.
- Additional protective equipment is not required.
- SHOES must be closed toe. We know it gets hot here in summer but we like our toes safe!
- WATER needs to be carried by each participant, either in a bottle or in a hydration pack.
- PEDALS should be what the rider is most comfortable using (we encourage flats though).
- Transportation to and from the Sprockids locations is not provided by MBT.
- Parents are encouraged to participate. Email email@example.com for info.
Sprockids Mission Statement: “Through the sport of mountain biking young people will have the opportunity to develop the skills, values, and strategies that will guide them throughout their lives and enable them to successfully reach their full potential.”
The Sprockids Program
- How to mountain bike, over 50 skills from fundamentals to intermediate.
- How to maintain your bike
- Environmental stewardship
- Trail safety
Sprockids is based on the following principles:
- Teaches four skills areas for cycling: Safety, Etiquette, Riding Skills, and Bicycle Maintenance.
- Participants progress in all areas at their own pace.
- Everyone participates.
- No one sits on the bench.
- Participants record progress in their personal “Passport”
- Trained leaders instruct and evaluate.
- Teaches life skills – goal setting, problem-solving, decision making.
- Develops a healthy, positive philosophy to cycling and learning as lifelong activities.
- Promotes values – respect for others, empathy, appreciation and responsibility for the environment.
It’s not just for kids!
Parents, mountain biking is one of the few activities you can physically do with your children. Rather than just driving them to the rink and watching you can actually participate with your children and experience the excitement of mountain biking right along with them. You will connect with your children on a very real and meaningful level while rediscovering the child within yourself.
MORE FAMILIES ON BIKES!