Teton Region Youth Mountain Bike Program
2 Groups Riding 1 Day per Week for 8 Weeks
Parents are responsible for transportation to each ride day. Links in the locations below will help you find these trail heads.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 – Victor Bike Park (6 – 8)
- Wednesday, July 10, 2019 – Victor Bike Park (9 – 11)
- Tuesday, July 16, 2019 – 5th St. Park, Driggs (6 – 8)
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 – 5th St. Park, Driggs (9 – 11)
- Tuesday, July 23, 2019 – Victor Bike Park (6 – 8)
- Wednesday, July 24, 2019 – Sheep Bridge Trailhead (9 – 11)
- Tuesday, July 30, 2019 – Victor Bike Park (6 – 8)
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019 – Ladyslipper Trailhead, Victor (9 – 11)
- Tuesday, August 6, 2019 – Victor Bike Park (6 – 8)
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019 – Teton Canyon TH (9 – 11)
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019 – 5th St. Park, Driggs (6 – 8)
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019 – Mike Harris TH (9 – 11)
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 – Grand Targhee Resort (6 – 8)
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 – Grand Targhee Resort (9 – 11)
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019 – Grand Targhee Resort (6 – 8)
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019 – Grand Targhee Resort (9 – 11)
Jackson Hole Sprockids Program:
Information on the Jackson Hole, Wyoming Sprockids program will be available soon.
Who is Sprockids For?
Kids age 6 – 11 in search of really awesome time with other kids and excited to learn some really amazing mountain bike skills!
Program registration fee $120 and includes 8 x 1.5 hour, super fun sessions, facilitated by amazing leaders, a fun swag bag, a 2019 Sprockids t-shirt, and other Sprockids goodies.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
- The Sprockids participant must be 6 to 11 years old by July 10, of the current year.
- Must be able to ride a two-wheeled pedal bike with 2 hand brakes. NO training wheels, NO coaster brakes. Need a bike? Email us!
- HELMET Participants must wear a properly fitted helmet at all times.
- SHOES must be closed toe. We know it gets hot here in summer but we like our toes safe!
- WATER needs to be carried by each participant, either in a bottle or in a hydration pack.
- PEDALS should be what the rider is most comfortable using (we encourage flats though).
- TRANSPORTATION to and from the Sprockids locations is not provided by Mountain Bike the Tetons.
- PARTICIPATION – Parents are encouraged to participate by emailing us at email@example.com for info.
S“Through the sport of mountain biking young people will have the opportunity to develop the skills, values, and strategies that will guide them throughout their lives and enable them to successfully reach their full potential.”
The Sprockids Program
- How to mountain bike, over 50 skills from fundamentals to intermediate.
- How to maintain your bike
- Environmental stewardship
- Trail safety
Sprockids is based on the following principles
- Teaches four skills areas for cycling: Safety, Etiquette, Riding Skills, and Bicycle Maintenance.
- Participants progress in all areas at their own pace.
- Everyone participates.
- No one sits on the bench.
- Participants record progress in their personal “Passport”
- Trained leaders instruct and evaluate.
- Teaches life skills – goal setting, problem-solving, decision making.
- Develops a healthy, positive philosophy to cycling and learning as lifelong activities.
- Promotes values – respect for others, empathy, appreciation and responsibility for the environment.
It’s not just for kids!
Parents, mountain biking is one of the few activities you can physically do with your children. Rather than just driving them to the rink and watching you can actually participate with your children and experience the excitement of mountain biking right along with them. You will connect with your children on a very real and meaningful level while rediscovering the child within yourself.
MORE FAMILIES ON BIKES!