Mountain Bike the Tetons needs your help to hire a 3-person trail crew for 2017!
Building on our 2016 crew’s successes, we are again hiring a private trail crew in 2017 to maintain and improve the multi-use trails most important to Teton region mountain bikers. The crew’s central focus will remain improving existing trails. Our crew operates under a cost-share agreement between Mountain Bike the Tetons and the Caribou-Targhee National Forest. All our crew and volunteer projects are pre-approved by the USFS.
2017 Trail Crew Priorities
- Implement the long-awaited Southern Valley Recreation Project in southern Teton Valley in partnership with the USFS.! This will include planning, layout and construction.
- Weed whack, drainage improvement, corridor clearing on favourite trails such as the Horseshoe Canyon, Red Creek/Spooky, Mill Creek, S. Fork of Horseshoe, Mail Cabin, Mike Sell, Pole Canyon and the Decoster Trail.
- Complete a re-route of the lower Mill Creek trail.
- Supervise our Maintenance Monday programs, honing our volunteers’ valuable trail building skills
- Maintain and expand the Victor Bike Park, Pioneer Park singletrack. We may also work on the Driggs dirt jumps.
- YOUR ideas! Please let us know what needs work: Contact Us.
A donation to support trail maintenance is an investment in your community. A great trail network improves quality of life and access to recreation. Trails attract visitors and help sustain your local economy. Trails create jobs and retail and hospitality opportunities. A great community deserves great trails!