- GIANT thanks to our 2019 Local Business Trail Fund Supporters!
- Thanks for the generous support of all the Individual Trail Fund Supporters who have helped get our trail crew off and running this 2019 season!
- As always, the outstanding work that these guys are able to do is only possible through your support. Take 2 minutes now and TEXT MBT to 24365 or click HERE and please pledge a few bucks to keep them maintaining and building your Teton Region trails throughout the summer season. Donate and get yourself in a sweet new MBT t-shirt and hat too!
Trail Crew Work Report: August 4 – 10, 2019
Wet weather kept the crew from engaging in any large-scale projects this week but they still managed to get a bit of work done each morning. Between the Victor Bike Park and some work on Mikesell, Alec and Chris were able to tackle a few important items. We want to thank this outstanding community for continuing to support the work that we do on your trails every day. It means the world to us and hopefully it helps facilitate a more robust and resilient public lands trail network in our backyard. We want to encourage and remind YOU to reach out and let us know any work you have done on our local trails (clearing brush, cutting out downed trees, tread work, wildlife conflicts, updated conditions, etc.). The more information we can pass along to the community, the better. Just email us at: email@example.com anytime and we’ll include them in these weekly updates.
- On Tuesday, Alec cut out a large downed tree on Sharks Belly out in Horseshoe Canyon, then spent the rest of the day working at the Victor Bike Park, removing thistles and cleaning up the pump track tread.
- Thursday, Alec worked up on the upper half of Mikesell, digging drains, clearing corridor, and digging some extra bench in places that were significantly eroding until the rain came for the rest of the day.
- On Thursday, Alec also made his way out to Corral Creek with the saw to cut out a tree that came down in one of our recent storms. Thanks Alec!
- That same day, Chris met with USFS and TVTAP staff to discuss the new Happy Hour Trail in Southern Valley. This trail will be constructed in 2020 and will involve the installation of a large bridge over Trail Creek. Volunteers at this year’s AJ Volunteer Trail Day will get an opportunity to work on the very first section of this new trail that was roughed in by the USFS and Nick Beatty from TVTAP this past week.
- Finally, on Saturday, Chris organized a group of volunteers alongside local race organizer Nate Kirschner to work on a remote section of backcountry trail on Fogg Hill and Hunt’s Corral, deep in the Palisades. The volunteers removed thick brush and rehabilitated some extremely eroded sections of this amazing trail, seldom used trail.
- ALL Teton Valley, Jackson Hole and surrounding area trails (including Grand Targhee Bike Park, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Bike Park and Kelly Canyon Bike Park) are
- We remind you to please exercise proper trail etiquette this summer.
- Mountain bikers: Please yield to hikers and equestrians. If descending, please yield to uphill riders.
- If encountering a horse, TALK to the rider, step off the trail on the DOWNHILL side.
- When encountering any user (motorized, equestrian, hiker), indicate how many are in your group.
- Remember, no matter the user you encounter: Wave, Be Nice, Say Hi. Let’s retain our right to ride. Thanks and have a great week!
Don’t hesitate to fill out a Trail Maintenance Request Form on our website and check out our calendar for a Maintenance Monday schedule for opportunities to get out and help!
Remember, all of this work depends on YOU. Please take two minutes and head to our DONATIONS PAGE to make your Trail Fund donation in support of these guys today!
How will my donation make an impact?
Your contribution, no matter the amount, will go DIRECTLY toward the following categories this year:
- Three-person trail crew salary and travel over 20 + weeks in 2019
- Purchase of new tools (pulaskis, rouge hoes, pick mattocks, etc.)
- Maintenance of current inventory (trail tools, saws, radios, etc.)
- Chainsaw maintenance (sharpening, service, etc.)
- Trail machine rental/maintenance
- Trail construction and maintenance supplies (signage, Geo Blocks, drainage, etc.)
- GIS/Mapping work, engineering, trail crew training