- GIANT thanks to our 2019 Local Business Trail Fund Supporters!
- Thanks for the generous support of all the Individual Trail Fund Supporters who have helped get our trail crew off and running this 2019 season!
- As always, the outstanding work that these guys are able to do is only possible through your support. Take 2 minutes now and TEXT MBT to 24365 or click HERE and please pledge a few bucks to keep them maintaining and building your Teton Region trails throughout the summer season. Donate and get yourself in a sweet new MBT t-shirt and hat too!
Trail Crew Work Report: July 28 – August 3, 2019
The trail crew took a much needed week off this past week. We still managed to get a few important tasks accomplished and will be back in full capacity this coming week. We want to thank this outstanding community for continuing to support the work that we do on your trails every day. It means the world to us and hopefully it helps facilitate a more robust and resilient public lands trail network in our backyard. We want to encourage and remind YOU to reach out and let us know any work you have done on our local trails (clearing brush, cutting out downed trees, tread work, wildlife conflicts, updated conditions, etc.). The more information we can pass along to the community, the better. Just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org anytime and we’ll include them in these weekly updates.
- On Tuesday, Alec spent time pulling thistle and other weeds at the Victor Bike Park as well as cleaning up the tread on the pump track. That afternoon, he met with Nick Beatty from TVTAP to flag the new Happy Hour Trail in Southern Valley.
- Thursday, Alec and Trail Ambassador Nate Carey installed a Dero Fix-It station at the Mike Harris Trailhead. Use the tools to quickly repair your bike and the pump to top off your tires before heading out for a ride in Southern Valley. Look for a few more of these to pop up in the coming year at other trailheads across Teton Valley! We’re excited to share these resources with the community!
- On Thursday, Alec also made his way out to Corral Creek with the saw to cut out a tree that came down in one of our recent storms. Thanks Alec!
- OPEN trails as of August 5th, 2019:
- Teton Valley: All Southern Valley Trails, all Horseshoe Canyon trails, Victor Bike Park, Aspen, AJ Trail, Decoster, Mahogany, Mill Creek, Cold Springs, Mike Spencer Trails, Rainey Creek Trails, Grove, Drake, Corral, Spooky, Rocky Peak, Pole Canyon, Mikesell, Mail Cabin, Southfork Horseshoe, Big Hole Crest, Targhee Bike Park Trails Rick’s Basin, Driggs 5th Park.
- Jackson: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Bike Park, Snow King, Putt Putt, Sink or Swim, Hagen Highway, Game Creek, West Game Creek, Josie’s Ridge, Skyline, Wilson Canyon, all Teton Pass freeride/jump trails, Black Canyon, Lithium, Phillips and Phillips Connector, Arrow, Game Creek, Munger Mountain, Ditch and Horsetail Creeks, Shadow Mountain, Mosquito Creek.
- Surrounding Areas: 7N Ranch, Palisade Lakes, misc. Caribou Range trails, and the brand new Kelly Canyon Bike Park.
Don’t hesitate to fill out a Trail Maintenance Request Form on our website and check out our calendar for a Maintenance Monday schedule for opportunities to get out and help!
Remember, all of this work depends on YOU. Please take two minutes and head to our DONATIONS PAGE to make your Trail Fund donation in support of these guys today!
How will my donation make an impact?
Your contribution, no matter the amount, will go DIRECTLY toward the following categories this year:
- Three-person trail crew salary and travel over 20 + weeks in 2019
- Purchase of new tools (pulaskis, rouge hoes, pick mattocks, etc.)
- Maintenance of current inventory (trail tools, saws, radios, etc.)
- Chainsaw maintenance (sharpening, service, etc.)
- Trail machine rental/maintenance
- Trail construction and maintenance supplies (signage, Geo Blocks, drainage, etc.)
- GIS/Mapping work, engineering, trail crew training