- GIANT thanks to our 2019 Local Business Trail Fund Supporters!
- Thanks for the generous support of all the Individual Trail Fund Supporters who have helped get our trail crew off and running this 2019 season!
- As always, the outstanding work that these guys are able to do is only possible through your support. Take 2 minutes now and TEXT MBT to 24365 or click HERE and please pledge a few bucks to keep them maintaining and building your Teton Region trails throughout the summer season. Donate and get yourself in a sweet new MBT t-shirt and hat too!
Trail Crew Work Report: September 1 – 7, 2019
A week of work all over the valley kept the MBT crew busy every day. Finishing up work out at Horseshoe, blasting with the Forest Service and scouting in Southern Valley. Lots going on as we begin to wrap things up for the season. We want to encourage and remind YOU to reach out and let us know any work you have done on our local trails (clearing brush, cutting out downed trees, tread work, wildlife conflicts, updated conditions, etc.). The more information we can pass along to the community, the better. Just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org anytime and we’ll include them in these weekly updates.
- Last week, MBT hosted a fantastic Volunteer Maintenance Monday on the new Bovine re-route. 22 volunteers came out to dig and finish new tread on this great new section of upper trail.
- This Monday, the crew helped the USFS dynamite the rock at the top of Pole Canyon. They trail guarded for all the detonations, then helped clean up and set up a few rock checks to help stabilize the dirt directly below the rock. While still steep and now full of loose rock, removal of this rock will prevent trail cutting and is now ridable on a mountain bike and dirt bike.
- Tuesday, the crew explored potential new terrain and alignment of the Hillside loop/trail in Southern Valley with Kevin and Scott with the USFS. They gathered GPS data of the area of expansion, talked options and routes for further trail development in 2020
- Wednesday, the crew worked to rehab the old Upper Bovine trail through the meadow. That afternoon, Chris and Alec assessed the Kill Bridge and planned for 2020 replacement. They then moved the trail dozer up to the Bumper/Cody’s loops to prep for tread work and drain construction.
- Thursday, Alec cut a large tree out of the Southfork Horseshoe Trail and worked on reinforcing the on/off ramps to the bridge. That afternoon, the crew constructed 14 new drains on Bumper/Cody’s and knocked down the outside edge of the channeling sections of the trail.
- On Friday, the crew finished up pushing new drains on Sodbuster in Horseshoe Canyon. They walked the machine up to upper Channel Lock and finished pushing drains and out-sloping the cupped areas that are on the side hill of the top section of the trail. We’re all done with Horseshoe for 2019 and are excited for folks to ride all the new and improved sections of trail there!
- ALL Teton Valley, Jackson Hole and surrounding area trails (including Grand Targhee Bike Park, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Bike Park and Kelly Canyon Bike Park) are
- Huge thanks to the community for your support throughout the season of our Trail Crew and their work on your trails. We couldn’t do ANY of this without you.
Don’t hesitate to fill out a Trail Maintenance Request Form on our website and check out our calendar for a Maintenance Monday schedule for opportunities to get out and help!
Remember, all of this work depends on YOU. Please take two minutes and head to our DONATIONS PAGE to make your Trail Fund donation in support of these guys today!
How will my donation make an impact?
Your contribution, no matter the amount, will go DIRECTLY toward the following categories this year:
- Three-person trail crew salary and travel over 20 + weeks in 2019
- Purchase of new tools (pulaskis, rouge hoes, pick mattocks, etc.)
- Maintenance of current inventory (trail tools, saws, radios, etc.)
- Chainsaw maintenance (sharpening, service, etc.)
- Trail machine rental/maintenance
- Trail construction and maintenance supplies (signage, Geo Blocks, drainage, etc.)
- GIS/Mapping work, engineering, trail crew training